Monday 8 September 2014

Staycation AGAIN - PART 1 : FIREWORKS

Hello peeps...

Remember in July 2014, over the Hari Raya long weekend, my parents brought me to a 2 night staycation at Conrad once again. 

This is my 2nd time to Conrad Singapore for a staycation and i absolutely love it! 
Read about my first stay HERE.

*****

This time round, Momma booked our stay 1 day before as she wanted to bring me to the National Day Rehearsal Fireworks display on Saturday. Since Monday is a public holiday in Singapore, she booked 2 nights for our stay. 

Early Saturday morning, my parents woke up real early to give me my breakfast and packed my bag.

Toys: checked, 
Balls: checked, 
Pee tray: checked
Food: checked

IM ALL READY TO GO!


As we are heading to town, i wore my new girly pink top.




We arrived at Conrad Singapore around 2pm, that's me and Dardy waiting by the side while Momma went to check us in.








This time round, we are staying on the 29th floor, with a different view from the room.





WAIT! is that a doggy pool i saw?





As usual, after we settle down in the room, we gotta wait for the housekeeping to send my dogs amenities up. Previously when i stayed here, the Pets amenities was much better, the bowl is cleaner and the rope toy is bigger.

This time round, the bowl is small & dirty and the rope toy is too small for me. :(
I was in fact expecting a bigger rope toy as they increased their pets cleaning fee from $80++ to $120++.



Another Conrad Bear to add to my collection.

Dardy loves drinking things that comes out from this machine.

After im done being disappointed with the tiny rope toy, i decided to explore around the room for a while before unpacking my own toys that is big enough for me to play with. 







Took out the FAT CAT soft toy which Momma bought.
I always love cats, especially the one in my neighbourhood.
My parents never allow me to go near my neighbourhood ah meow, so i can only made do with this blue one Momma got me.










I remember Dardy always mentioning something about the neighbourhood ah meow scratching me if i go play with her, that's the reason why they forbade me to even go near her. I think my parents are kinda ignorant. After spending some time with my cat toy, i realised that cats don't scratch, they merely squeak when i put pressure on their stomach area.

Whatever, i got bored playing with my toy cat anyway. Since my parents don't seem to be moving from the couch anytime soon, i shall take a short power nap to recharge.


i wonder what's so interesting about the black rectangular thing on the wall. it cant be as interesting as me for sure.

Soon, Dardy noticed that im bored. He decided to come disturb me and lure me to take photos with him by using the treats they bring from home. I want to resume my power nap but who can resist the heavenly smelling treats?


ENOUGH! GIMME MY TREAT!




After having my treats, i am so energetic that i want to go out to play! i don't want to sleep anymore!
As Momma's eyes is glued to the stupid black rectangle, i have no choice but to use the ultimatum.

MY INNOCENT PUPPY EYE POWER




Finally, Momma succumb to my eye power. She takes her eyes off the black rectangle and got down the bed, just when i thought she is finally bringing me out, i was wrong.

SHE ASK ME TO POSE for photos WITH MY CONRAD BEAR! GRRRR



As soon as i finish posing with the Conrad Bear, Momma eyes went back to the black rectangle.

Lost the battle with Momma, i shall attack Dardy again.
Hi Dardy, look at me, look at me, i am more interesting, no?



Dardy checking out the Pets Menu room service provides...

I was expecting them to order some piping hot salmon steak for me, end up, room service only serves pet food that can be bought off the rack. (kibbles and can wet food). 



WHAT?! THEIR STILL WATER COST $10. I rather use the $10 to buy some treats

Momma brought her selfie stick out and its photo taking time again.
Couldnt they have noticed that i am not interested in taking photos? 
All i want is to go out and have fun.!












Almost 1 day had passed, finally, my parents decided that its time to bring me out.
(if 1 human year = 1 dog year, the 3 human hours i spent in the room is 21 hours for me)









My Parents said its time to head out when they saw our Singapore Flag flying by.
Is this an alarm or something?

AND WHY IS THE FLAG FLOWN BY THOSE METAL BIRDS?

The birds looks different from those i chase around my neighbourhood....
AHHH, i know, birds in town area are bigger and better.

BEH, no time to think about the birds, i have to hurry to go play.



Look at how angry i looked! Humans have no time management!

Decided to take some photos with Dardy in front of the hotel while waiting for Momma to get her favorite chocolate croissant from The Terrace.



Momma loves their chocolate croissant but she never let me try them, no matter how hard i try to impress her.

Off we go after Momma finished her croissant.

ok, since u kiss me, i shall forgive you for bringing me down so late.







We walked towards the MBS, the road seems different from the last time i came, there are many beautiful banners around.









While waiting to cross the road, i noticed that the sun is setting.
I love having a walk during this time, the concrete is cool and the breeze smells good.



Why so many people today?

Part of the road are closed too.

Pee first, den continue my journey
Look at all these people on the bridge, what are they waiting for.?
Momma mention we are here to watch fireworks but i have no idea what fireworks are.



Are all these red dots here to watch fireworks too?

Wow, look at this awesome looking boat.
I wish i can sail on one of these too.



I noticed that the same route we are going is different from the last time i came, there seems to be more people around and there are many buses parked at the side too.
Marina Bay Sands 






Singapore Flyer







We walked through Marina Bay Sands and arrived at the promenade in front of Art Science Musuem.





The scenery here at night is magnificent with all the lights.

















Is the fireworks starting? i am getting impatient!
Starting already? i already found the best spot to watch the fireworks.
Dardy. is the fireworks starting already?
IT IS!
I heard loud sounds behind me, i smell smoke.

HERE COMES THE FIREWORKS DISPLAY!!!!


























The fireworks last for a good 10 minutes. 
Beautiful isn't it?
I love the sight of fireworks, but i absolutely loathe the loud sound.



When the fireworks ended, and crowd dispersing.
I sat there with my tail firmly tucked under my legs, still pretty stunned by the loud sound.
It took Momma and Dardy almost 15 minutes to coax me before i finally move.


After getting myself freaked out yet enjoying it, we walked along the promenade to enjoy the night breeze before continuing our way to Singapore Flyer.

My parents.


Met a couple of furry friends. I wonder if they are scared out of their wits too.






SINGAPORE FLYER 


Was pretty excited to be here but the excitement died down real fast as there is nothing much to do here, i am not allowed into the building. All we could do is to take some photos, and rest for a while at the riverside before heading back to the hotel for the day.

 









I am out for only a few hours but the energy i stored from my power naps the last few days is already totally drained. i don't even have the energy to sit and wait for my parents to finish their smoke. Much to my Momma's objection, i lay flat on the dirty pavement.



Once back into our room, after getting my legs and tummy clean and sanitised and i jumped straight onto the bed to catch my beauty sleep.

It became Dardy's turn to disturb me.




I cant really be bothered as all i wanna do now is SLEEP.



Nope, im not gonna get up and play with u




*****

The first day of my staycation is awesome.
Finally got to know what are fireworks! Its stupendous!
BUT, Hmmm... Watching it once in a lifetime is enough for me.

:D

Stay tune for part 2 of my Staycation where i go visit Suntec City Fountain of Wealth, Merlion Park, Esplanade Park and many more.!





TO BE CONTINUED.....

No comments:

Post a Comment