Tuesday 9 September 2014

No more Kibbles for Dinner!!!!

Hello everybody. 
Its Wednesday! Midweek, weekend is just round the corner!

:P

Today i woke up having a huge craving for food. No food in particular but simply all kinds of food. 
However, as i was not given any pocket money since day 1, i do not actually have any cash to buy myself some nice treats, so all i can do is to daydream about all sorts of yummy food and drool the whole morning away.

Talking about food, i was fed kibbles since the day i came home. Over the last 8 months i am home, my kibbles was changed 4 times.




I remembered initially when i first got home, my parents fed me Wellness Complete Health for Puppy. As im in my teething stage, my parents soaked my food in water for 10 min before feeding me, the kibbles are made of chicken but probably due to them soaking it in water, i do not really like it. Not sure if it's because of the chicken, i began to have a few red dots on my thigh and tummy. 

My parents bought me to the Vet for a check up and Vet mention that the rashes might be caused by a lot of different factors. From food allergies to environment etc. Momma being the usual paranoid self, she decided to change my food in case im allergic to chicken.




With recommendations from friends, my parents switched me to Hill's Science Diet - Lamb Meal & Rice for puppy. Of course judging from the name, it does not contains Chicken. My parents transited me over to this new food within 1 week. i actually quite like the taste of my new kibbles. However, my rashes, instead of getting better after a change of food, it got worst. The rashes appears all over my body instead of just the few on my thigh and tummy.

Again, my parents brought me to the Vet and i was prescribed antibiotics to take orally and cream to apply externally on my rashes spots. For the next 1 plus month, when one part recovers, new rashes grow on another part. It just doesn't get better and my parents conclude that i might be allergic to grains instead of chicken. So, they decided to change my food again.




Momma decided to put me back on Wellness again, but this time round they got me the Wellness Core Puppy Formula. Its main ingredients are chicken, but it is grain free.

After starting on this grain free kibble, my rashes slowly disappeared and soon, i have healthy skin with no more red dots all over me, My parents are very satisfied with this new food since it doesnt cause me any issues but i dislike the taste of it, i began to spit out my food and refuse to eat them. Momma had no choice but to add in wet food into my meals.



They got me Brit Care's Bits and Pates and i love them (them as in the food, but of cos my parents too). i have assorted flavours every few days as they ordered for me Lamb, Salmon and Duck.

For every meal, my parents add in 1/3 can of wet food and they have to ensure they mixed it evenly because otherwise i will just eat the wet food and ignore the kibbles. :P i am not naughty, i am just a fussy eater like Momma. There's a saying : Like Momma, like Kopii.

And so, with the mixture of the very delicious wet food in my kibbles for every meal, i finish my meals all the time, occasionally i still refuse to eat though. So far with this Wellness Core with wet food, i do not have any rashes but i keep feeling an unbearable itch around my mouth and i keep scratching them, sometimes i scratched so badly til it bleed. My parents thought that end of the day, i might still be allergic to chicken but they do not want to change my food for fear that it will make me worst.

Momma had always wanted to cook me my meals, but as she doesn't know if it will be nutritious enough for me to grow up into an adult healthily, she only cook occasionally for me as extras.

Time passed and i am soon 1 year old. As im considered an adult now, my parents felt that i should be given adult food instead of puppy food so that i won't put on too much weight from the highly nutritious puppy food.

AND SO! over the past 1 month, there has been a HUGE CHANGE in my meals! 

After much research and asking around, my parents decided to put me on ACANA REGIONALS : Pacifica. It is a Grain Free kibbles made from different type of fish. I couldn't control my drooling when they open the pack of kibbles . it simply smelled HEAVENLY! They still give me my wet food though. a new addition to my breakfast is Farmers Union Greek Yoghurt. Momma felt that i should have some probiotics in my daily meals and what's better than yoghurt? :D

Every morning, when Dardy prepare my breakfast, he will mixed my ACANA kibbles with 1 tablespoon of yoghurt. When i finish everything, he will then give me 1/4 can of my wet food.
i finish everything everyday.

I have been on ACANA for 1 month already as of today and so far so good, no skin issues, no more itching around the mouth. Despite Acana being costlier than Wellness, my parents is glad to spend more as long as it doesn't gives me any problem.

Since im now an adult, Momma decided to give me home cook food for dinner daily. 
Breakfast i have kibbles, Dinner i have home cook food.

As Momma got to work, she usually just cook on Saturday for 7 days portion and freeze it. Dardy will then heat it up daily for me before giving it to me.

*****

Some recipes to share for my dinner the last 2 weeks.
Momma used almost the same ingredients but she cooked it differently so that i won't get tired of it.


Pork Stew

Ingredients
  • Pumpkin - Cubed
  • Pasta (any pasta is fine) 
  • Pork Hind Leg (Lean Meat) - Cubed
  • Broccoli - chop into bite size
  • Cabbage - chop into bite size
  • Purple cabbage - chop into bite size
  • Carrot - chop into bite size
  • Green Peas







That's me monitoring Momma to ensure she prepares my food properly.
Preparation
  1. Cook the pasta and leave it aside. Pasta will turn soggy if overcooked.
  2. Boil the pumpkin with 2 cups of water for 5 minutes. After it turns soft, mash it and mixed it into the water. 
  3. Add in all the other vegetables and let it boil. After it boils, add in the meat and let it boil over medium fire until cooked.
  4. After the meat is fully cooked, let it simmer for 30 minute using small fire.
  5. When done, serve it together with the pasta.




Mixed Meat with Pumpkin Gravy

Ingredients



  • Pumpkin - Cubed
  • Pasta (this time round Momma mixed normal pasta with Buckwheat pasta) 
  • Pork Hind Leg (Lean Meat) - Cubed
  • Beef Cubes - Sliced
  • Minced Pork
  • Broccoli - chop into bite size
  • Cabbage - chop into bite size
  • Carrot - chop into bite size
  • Green Peas





 Preparation
  1. Cook the pasta and leave it aside. Pasta will turn soggy if overcooked.
  2. GRAVY - Boil the pumpkin with 1 cup of water for 5 minutes. After it turns soft, mash it and mixed it into the water and let it simmer. As the water evaporates, Momma add in the water used to boil the vegetables and meat so that it will be tastier.
  3. Boil all the other vegetables until cooked. 
  4. Add in all the meat and let it boil til cooked.
  5. When cooked, mix it together with the pasta and pour the pumpkin gravy over and it is ready to be served. 



*****

Even though Momma used the same ingredients every time when she cooks for me, i still loves her home cooked food. Kibbles and all other processed food can never be compared to food cooked with love.

I have a weak tummy and i get bad diarrhea easily if i eat the wrong things, which is why Momma do not want to use different ingredients every time. but i believe she will introduce me to new things slowly.

With a different menu each week, i look forward to every Saturday so that i can get to know what will be on the menu for that week.! 3 more days to Saturday, cant wait to see what is Momma gonna cook for me this weekend!

Till then....
I shall just continue daydreaming about food and drool all over the place. 

Have a great week ahead! 










<3 <3 <3


No comments:

Post a Comment